I remember the day that I quit my job at the end of 2010 like it was yesterday. It’s been an interesting five years full of highs, lows, really tough moments and major triumphs.
I’m so grateful to have made it to this important milestone and wanted to share some of my experience and reflections with you.
In this episode, I shared five reflections on the past five years, five of the biggest mistakes I’ve made or lessons I’ve learned and then I share five thoughts that I’ll be taking into the next five years.
5 Reflections (begins at 1:05):
- How I quit my job and launched House of Success PR
- Looking back, would I have made the same choice(s)?
- First year business blues
- The importance of working on projects I believe in, that are run by people that I like
- The importance of having a strong support system
5 Mistakes or Lessons Learned (begins at 15:00):
- Mistake: Not being on the scene or being seen
- Mistake: Not having an aggressive business development strategy
- Mistake: Not asking for help
- Lesson: The importance of showing/promoting my work and business
- Lesson: Knowing your worth
5 Things I’m Taking into the Next Five Years (begins at 22:52):
- The notion that it’s okay to LIVE
- Trusting myself and my instincts and GOING FOR IT
- Self-care as a TOP priority
- Hustle Harder and WIN BIG
- …. I left this last one blank because I want to be open to the rich possibilities of life and learn how to go with the flow.
Listen to Episode 11:
If you have a PR or business question you’d like me to answer on the podcast you can add it in the comments below or send it via email with the subject line “#Questions” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spread the Word:
SUBSCRIBE | RATE | REVIEW
iTunes: Listen and Subscribe in iTunes
SoundCloud: Listen and Subscribe in SoundCloud