On this episode, I answer 10 listener questions about how to navigate the waters of brand partnerships.
I draw from my own experience of having been on both sides of the coin, as someone who has successfully pitched for partnerships for my personal ventures and as a PR agency own who facilitates partnerships on behalf of our clients.
Questions Answered on This Episode:
1. What Do I Need to Start Doing to Become an Authority in My Industry? (1:30)
2. How Do You Show a Company Your Value With Low Social Media or Website Engagement? (5:40)
3. Is Having a Media Kit Necessary? (8:33)
4. Do You Recommend Seeking Out Local Brands or National Brands for Partnerships? (11:16)
5. A Brand Turned Me Down for a Project, When Should I Reach Back Out to Them? (14:28)
6. How Do I Introduce Myself to a Brand? (17:08)
7. What Can I Do to Establish Myself as an Influencer to Brands? (19:36)
8. Do I Need to Pitch My Full Ideas in the Introductory Pitch Email? (23:34)
9. At What Point During the Pitch Process Should I Bring Up Money? (26:23)
10. When Starting a New Podcast or Project, When Should You Seek Out Sponsorship? (29:53)
Listen to Episode 42:
What to Play Next: 5 Things You Should Know About Brand Partnerships